Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services were called to an apartment building this afternoon after tenants reported smoke pouring under the door of a second-floor apartment.
Four fire trucks were dispatched a little before 12:30 p.m. to the building at 138 East Street near Albert.
Some residents had left the building by the time firefighters arrived. Others were asked to evacuate.
The fire is believed to have started in a pot on a kitchen stove.
No injuries were reported and the stove fire was quickly knocked down.
The fire is not considered suspicious and there is minimal damage to the unit.